February 17, 2019
Center First UMC Missions/Outreach Committee extends their gratitude and appreciation to everyone who entered the cook-off and to everyone who attended and voted for their favorite Soup and Chili! Thank you for making our first cook-off fundraiser a success!
Congratulations to our Soup & Chili Cook-Off 2019 Winners!
First Place: Marlin Jones and Will Lucas
Second Place: Roy Blackshear
First Place: Team Soup Siblings – Victoria Lee and Harrison Lee (not pictured)
Second Place: Virginia Watlington
2018 Missions Programs
We began this year with prayer that God would open the doors and lead us to what mission He has planned for us to do this year. For this we say thank you Lord.
- St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital
- Flags to Fight Hunger (School)
- Prayer Sticks for Soldiers
- Relay for Life with Becky Parfait
- Brian & Rena Horton (housefire)
- Mercer Guatemala Mission Trip
- Postage for OCC Boxes
- Thanksgiving Food Boxes
- Christmas Food Boxes
- Eduardo Mission Trip (Mouser)
- OCC Boxes-Supplies
- Cost to purchase OCC Boxes
- Gift Cards-Center Elem. Teachers
- Meals on Wheels
- Workers who assisted with missions
- Hurricane Florence Relief
- Total Spent on Missions/OCC $7,646.00
- $2,675.00 Lenten Money for 2018
I would like to extend a big blessing from 2017 that truly stands out in my mind… Members were asked to donate to Faith United Methodist Church in Orange. $3,000.00 was donated!!! Thanks to everyone for your help with the Missions Committee. We have had a wonderful year, and God has blessed our program with so much support. It has been such a blessing to be your chairperson for the last several years. You have all made this program such a success.