January 14, 2021
Another successful project! Church members wrote personalized cards and bought gifts for 19 residents of Holiday Nursing Center and 5 residents of Pine Grove. Sarah Odom’s churches in Tenaha and Timpson furnished gifts for 10 residents at Focused Care. Our only expense was for the cards, bells, and ribbons to decorate the tree. This was covered by a donation from friends.
December 9, 2020
On behalf of our Missions Committee, many thanks to everyone who took cards from our Silver Bell Christmas Tree with furnishing gifts for the residents at Holiday and Pine Grove Nursing Centers this Christmas season! Please remember the following when returning your gifts to the tree by the deadline on December 20. Thank you all and Merry Christmas!
December 2, 2020
Thank you so much for joining our Missions Committee this Christmas season with furnishing gifts for the residents of Holiday Nursing Center and Pine Grove Nursing Center. Sarah Odom’s churches in Tenaha and Timpson are joining First UMC in providing gifts for Focused Care residents. The tree is in the foyer outside the church sanctuary with blank Christmas cards with a resident’s name on the front of each card. Inside the card will be a “wish list” for the person that includes specific items that they would enjoy. The gifts and cards will be accepted from November 29 through December 20. We are asking you to please:
• Choose a card
• Write your name on the list next to the number of the card
• Write a Christmas greeting inside the card to brighten the holiday of a nursing home resident
• Purchase a small gift (appropriate suggestions are inside the card)
• Place the gift and card inside a Christmas gift bag
• Return the gift and card to the tree by Sunday, December 20 so the gifts can be delivered to our “Silver Bells” in time for Christmas!